Saturday, June 11, 2011

2D Festival


Hey

This is way too late but just wanted to say we had a great time at the 2D Festival last weekend. It was my first time going to anything like that and I must say it was an excellent few days. It was great to finally meet other comic creators that I known through the interwebs. For the majority of comic book creators it is a solitary job and it was cool to spend a few days just talking to like minded people.

We've got a busy few months ahead of us. The World War One Anthology is nearly ready to be released and I have just started working on a two issue story for Coimici Gael called Nestor based on a story by Martin Greene. That won't be out until the end of the year but we have our two artists on board now Mike Ball and Anthony O'Neill.

Hopefully we'll have them on our table at next year's 2D Festival.

1 comment:

  1. Nice one Mike. Looks like you're as much of a night owl as I am - either that, or you get up VERY early.

    I love the 2D Festival. It has totally invigorated life for me in Derry (there's never been anything like it here before), and it's a great way for Irish and UK self-publishers and indie creators to meet up with some of the big names and with comics fans as well.

    The great pity is that it's only on once a year. It would be really nice if we could have one or more additional smaller meets for Irish small press/self-publishers/indie creators throughout the year, focusing totally on that group.

    It would also be great for local creators and fans to be able to get together and let the old hair down and have a right old piss up. It's nice to know that you're not alone, and this would be an enjoyable regular reminder that you're part of a collective, of something bigger. I'd be VERY interested in supporting something like that.

    I'll be keeping an eye out for any news on your page, and I hope to see you back at 2D next year.

    ReplyDelete